About Me

My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States
Whether Serious or Light Hearted, you'll find something here for you - from Hilarious Spoof Articles to Thought Provoking Poetry. The Articles are on Celebrities and Fictional Characters. The Poems are in Capital Letters in the Blog Archive. I'm an Oxford Grad in English Lit. I am looking for Literary and Music Agents to Publish a Book of Poetry and Promote "Walking Wounded", the Music Album I launched in 2013.

Tuesday 23 August 2011

TEMPEST

With a temper tempestuous, stormy and wild;
In anger a lioness - in humour, a child -
She brightened each room with the fire of her being;
And even in gloom her eyes were all seeing:
With character assignment - pointed and sharp -
Pronged like a trident, toned like a harp.
Though outwardly blessed with the aspect of "girl" -
As simple as dust and complex as a world -
She orbited her star with elliptical path
And pitied you were, if encountering her wrath!
But, to me, she remained a bundle of fun,
A bringer of rain and giver of sun.
I saw her as warm the moment she smiled:
In anger a storm, in humour a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment