About Me

My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States
Whether Serious or Light Hearted, you'll find something here for you - from Hilarious Spoof Articles to Thought Provoking Poetry. The Articles are on Celebrities and Fictional Characters. The Poems are in Capital Letters in the Blog Archive. I'm an Oxford Grad in English Lit. I am looking for Literary and Music Agents to Publish a Book of Poetry and Promote "Walking Wounded", the Music Album I launched in 2013.

Tuesday 11 October 2011

BITTER HARVEST


O’ you who love, love not as such
To know so little and love so much
For if you do, I think you’ll find
Love undeserved bears love unkind

And please don’t put your faith in words
For words are purely empty things
That claim to fly with soaring birds
While knowing well they have not wings

My heart was once a tree of love
Beneath whose roots the truth did dig
And having crashed to earth above
It lies there now – a broken twig

I tried so hard to face it out
But faced with truth, my visage paled
I danced for rain in summer’s drought
To produce a single drop – I failed!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's fair to say that bears don't deserve love - they need a hug as much as the rest of us!

    Other than that I enjoyed it...not something I say very often about poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice poetry reza!
    visit me Reza.

    ReplyDelete