About Me

My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States
Whether Serious or Light Hearted, you'll find something here for you - from Hilarious Spoof Articles to Thought Provoking Poetry. The Articles are on Celebrities and Fictional Characters. The Poems are in Capital Letters in the Blog Archive. I'm an Oxford Grad in English Lit. I am looking for Literary and Music Agents to Publish a Book of Poetry and Promote "Walking Wounded", the Music Album I launched in 2013.

Thursday 8 September 2011

THE JOURNEY

I walked many miles
On the flat, barren land;
And green were the isles
In the ocean of sand;


But the isles were illusion
In that infinite tract -
As the heat caused a fusion
Of fiction and fact -


So that when you came
I doubted my eyes
I thought you the same -
The way the land lies;


But, when I left you,
The land itself changed:
I felt I moved to
A garden exchanged;


I walked many miles
On grass and on dew,
Knowing, all the while,
I walked back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment