About Me

My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States
Whether Serious or Light Hearted, you'll find something here for you - from Hilarious Spoof Articles to Thought Provoking Poetry. The Articles are on Celebrities and Fictional Characters. The Poems are in Capital Letters in the Blog Archive. I'm an Oxford Grad in English Lit. I am looking for Literary and Music Agents to Publish a Book of Poetry and Promote "Walking Wounded", the Music Album I launched in 2013.

Sunday 28 August 2011

TIME ENOUGH

Time enough to stop the clock
And turn the wind upon itself
To touch the heart within the rock
That lies beyond the window shelf -

Time enough to wake the dead
And drench the sun with water, mild -
To dye the moon fluorescent red
And stir the oceans, cold and wild.

Time enough to see the world
And wander far from place to place -
To watch the sail of time unfurled
And taste the salt upon my face.

Time enough to walk the skies
And believe in roads that lie beyond -
To watch light fade from my eyes
And live in life not half so fond.

Time enough to think of God
And question that which I believe -
To talk and turn, wink and nod
And in my soul, to pine and grieve.

Time enough to fall in love
And love the thought of love alone -
To reach for shining stars above
And feel the heart that turns to stone.

Time enough to say my piece
And keep my peace forever more -
To hear my words upon the breeze
That winds across a barren moor;

And time enough to learn to sleep
When life has just become too rough
To yearn to make that sudden leap -
To learn to die, there’s time enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment